Planned Giving


FREE Estate Planning Kit

For more information,
please contact
the Planned Giving office at

Forward this article to a friend   Print version   Increase font size  Decrease font size 

James Wallace Society

Those who make a commitment to Macalester's future through an estate provision or life income gift are welcomed as members of the James Wallace Society. This planned giving recognition society honors all alumni, parents and friends whose gifts of future support are helping to ensure Macalester's continued excellence.

Who was James Wallace?
In 1887, a young classical scholar named James Wallace joined the Macalester faculty—and forever changed the future of the College. Over the next 50 years, as faculty member, president, fundraiser, donor, and tireless advocate, James Wallace helped Macalester define its special values, establish standards of excellence and create its place among America's finest liberal arts colleges. The James Wallace Heritage Society provides Macalester with an opportunity to recognize those individuals whose commitments to strengthen the future of Macalester exemplify James Wallace's uncommon standards of loyalty and devotion.

What sort of gift would qualify me for membership in the James Wallace Heritage Society?

If you have made an estate provision or life income gift of any size, you are eligible for membership in the James Wallace Heritage Society. These types of gifts include: will provisions, revocable trust provisions, insurance gifts, designations of retirement plan assets, charitable gift annuities, and charitable remainder unitrusts.

How do I become a member?
Contact the planned giving office at Macalester at 651-696-6832 or 1-800-645-3919 or We'll answer all of your questions—and make sure you get your special invitation to the James Wallace Society dinner, held each year on the Thursday evening before reunion!

Copyright © Macalester College, All rights reserved.

The information on this site is not intended as legal, tax or investment advice.
For such advice, please consult an attorney, tax professional or investment professional.