Why Is Now the Time to Give?
Timing Is Everything
All gifts must be fully completed on or before Dec. 31 to qualify for an income tax deduction this year.
- Cash contributions sent through the mail are usually deductible if they are mailed by midnight on Dec. 31.
- Securities are generally deductible on the date they are transferred (if done electronically) to our books—not the date you ask your broker to make the transfer.
- Life insurance gifts are considered complete on the date you sign the paperwork transferring ownership to The Hunger Project, assuming you properly forward the form on to the insurance company.
- Real estate gifts, in most states, are considered complete on the date a properly executed deed is delivered to us.
Contact Jim Goodman, JD at 1-800-228-6691 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how you can get the most from your donation to The Hunger Project this year.
|Get your free guide to year-end giving.|
Copyright © The Stelter Company, All rights reserved.
The information on this website is not intended as legal or tax advice. For legal or tax advice, please consult an attorney. Figures cited in examples are for hypothetical purposes only and are subject to change. References to estate and income taxes apply to federal taxes only. State income/estate taxes or state law may impact your results.
- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Where We Work
- Learn More
- Get Involved
- Give Now
- Leave a Legacy
- Become a Corporate Sponsor
- Attend or Host an Event
- Support Our Business Partners
- Travel with Us
- Work With Us