Did you know that SWIF can accept gifts of farmland and retain the land as an asset so it can continue to be farmed while benefiting our region and communities?
Through Keep It GrowingSM, we can provide you a vehicle for giving that preserves one of the greatest natural assets of southwest Minnesota – farmland.
Benefits of a gift of farmland include:
- Your land stays local in the hands of SWIF and tended to by local hands
- Your land remains functional as farmland
- Your land provides your lasting legacy for the community and region
- You receive a tax deduction for the fair market value of the property
- You bypass all capital gains tax
One donor recently chose this option for their more than 200 acres of farmland because they wanted the tenant who had been farming the land for the last thirty years to continue doing so. And, they wanted to make a gift that would benefit the entire region. SWIF now owns the land and upholds the lease agreement with the current tenant.
Let us be your partner in accomplishing your charitable goals through a gift of farmland!
For more information about Keep it Growing?SM, click here.