Don't Let Your Gift Be Late
All gifts to Tallahassee Memorial HealthCare Foundation, Inc. must be completed on or before Dec. 31 to qualify for an income tax deduction this year.
- Cash contributions sent through the mail are usually deductible if they are postmarked by midnight on Dec. 31.
- Securities are generally deductible on the date they are fully transferred (if done electronically) to our books—not the date you ask your broker to make the transfer.
- Real estate gifts, in most states, are considered complete on the date a properly executed deed is delivered to us.
- Tangible personal property gifts are complete once the property is delivered to us.
- Life insurance gifts are considered complete on the date you sign the paperwork transferring ownership to TMH Foundation, assuming you properly forward the form on to the insurance company.
|Learn more about great year-end charitable gift ideas that can offer you tax benefits.|
Contact Paula S. Fortunas at 850-431-5752 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about timing your year-end giving appropriately.
Copyright © The Stelter Company, All rights reserved.
The information on this website is not intended as legal or tax advice. For legal or tax advice, please consult an attorney. Figures cited in examples are for hypothetical purposes only and are subject to change. References to estate and income taxes apply to federal taxes only. State income/estate taxes or state law may impact your results.